Takayuki Iwai Blue Super Kurouchi Gyuto Japanese Knife 240mm Shitan Handle
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- *** Ask us a question ***
2+ business days worldwide from Japan
Takayuki IwaiThis knife from Takayuki Iwai is made from Aogami steel and comes with Kurouchi finish to prevent the blade from rusting. Takayuki Iwai knives are made by hands; they don’t use machines to mass produce because they believe that machine-made knives are less superior than those that are hand made. For Takayuki Iwai, it is quality first.
Knife Type: Gyuto
Steel Type: Blue Super (Carbon Steel, Rust Prone)
Blade Hardness: HRC 63-64
Blade Type: Single edged blade
Blade Length: 240mm (9.4")
Ferrule Material: Pakka wood
Handle Material: Shitan
Use and Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of the blade.
- Do not use a dishwasher to clean your knife.