Takayuki Iwai Blue Steel No.2 Damascus Yanagiba Japanese Knife 200mm Shitan Handle
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- *** Ask us a question ***
2+ business days worldwide from Japan
Takayuki IwaiThis knife from Takayuki Iwai is made from Aogami steel and comes with Kurouchi finish to prevent the blade from rusting. Takayuki Iwai knives are made by hands; they don’t use machines to mass produce because they believe that machine-made knives are less superior than those that are hand made. For Takayuki Iwai, it is quality first.
Knife Type: Yanagiba
Steel Type: Blue Steel No.2 (Carbon Steel, Rust Prone)
Blade Hardness: HRC 61-62
Blade Type: Double edged blade
Blade Length: 200mm (7.9")
Blade Height: 26mm (1")
Blade Thickness: 3.3mm (0.13")
Ferrule Material: Pakka wood
Handle Material: Shitan
Handle Length: 128mm (5")
Weight: 130g (4.6 ounces)
Use and Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of the blade.
- Do not use a dishwasher to clean your knife.