Shigeki Tanaka VG10 Damascus Yanagiba Japanese Knife 270mm Ebony Wood Handle
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- *** Ask us a question ***
2+ business days worldwide from Japan
Shigeki TanakaThe young Shigeki Tanaka is a skilled craftsma from Miki, Hyogo. His passion for creating knives is as hot as the forge used to make them and to see him hammer steel in to knives is spectacular. Tanaka started training and making knives in Takefu, Fukui. Since, he has created many blades under his brand "Shigeki-saku. With his radial design and beautiful craftsmanship, his knives are loved by people all over the world.
Knife Type: Yanagiba
Steel Type: VG10 (Stain resistant steel)
Blade Hardness: HRC 60-62
Blade Type: Single edged blade
Blade Length: 270mm (10.6")
Blade Height: 32mm (1.3")
Blade Thickness: 3.2mm (0.126")
Ferrule Material: Water Buffalo Horn
Handle Material: Ebony Wood
Handle Length: 145mm (5.7")
Weight: 214g (7.5 ounces)
Use and Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of the blade.
- Do not use a dishwasher to clean your knife.