Hideo Kitaoka Blue Steel No.2 Damascus Deba Japanese Knife 180mm Shitan Handle
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- *** Ask us a question ***
2+ business days worldwide from Japan
Hideo KitaokaBorn in 1950, knife smith Hideo Kitaoka works in Takefu Village, Echizen City, Fukui Prefecture. From a young age Kitaoka began learning his craft from his father and now specializes in traditional single bevel knives. Keeping with tradition, Hideo Kitaoka forges his blades from high carbon steel for the finest edge quality. The superior craftsmanship resonates throughout the body as you use these knives, making you the envy of sushi chefs around the world.
Knife Type: Deba
Steel Type: Blue Steel No.2 (Carbon Steel, Rust Prone)
Blade Hardness: HRC 61-62
Blade Type: Single edged blade
Blade Length: 180mm (7.1")
Blade Height: 52mm (2")
Blade Thickness: 7.3mm (0.287")
Ferrule Material: Pakka wood
Handle Material: Shitan
Handle Length: 132mm (5.2")
Weight: 350g (12.3 ounces)
Use and Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of the blade.
- Do not use a dishwasher to clean your knife.